The most significant sustainability indicators of the Group’s foreign companies have also been published in the same edition.
September 2nd, 2021 – The 14th edition of the Colacem Sustainability Report was presented this morning at the Colacem plant in Galatina.
Moderated by Francesca Baraghini (SkyTG24), the event was attended by the Chairman of Confindustria, Mr. Carlo Bonomi and Carlo, Francesca and Ubaldo Colaiacovo, who stressed the crucial importance of global commitment towards carbon neutrality, the real challenge of this century, from an industrial viewpoint.
Afterwards, the Company top management was represented by Fabrizio Pedetta, Massimo Angeli, Massimiliano Pambianco and Pier Federico Baldinucci, who together with the Plant Director Gaetano Cafaro, took the floor and gave a detailed explanation of company actions that primarily characterized 2020, and which best represent the company's efforts towards an increasingly sustainable way of doing business. They also underlined how direct information and open confrontation on the various issues, plays a key role in Colacem’s way of doing business in all of its countries of operation, both in Italy and abroad.
The Report has been drawn up in accordance with GRI's G4 (core) guidelines and reviewed by Deloitte.
Numerous charts and tables were used to make the report extremely easy-to-read for all our stakeholders, thus shedding light on the company's continuous improvements towards environmental, economic and social sustainability. Some highlights are given below:
• Over 23 million Euro investments made in environmental monitoring and protection in the 2018-2020 three-year period.
• Only 5.5 GRAMS PER TON OF CLINKER specific dust emissions. The lowest ever!
• Over 233,000 tons of non-hazardous waste recovered as raw materials and over 40,000 tons of CO2 saved, thanks to the use of biomass, in line with the principles of circular economy and in view of energy transition attainment.
• 180 million Euros in purchases made in 2020, about 42% of which from local suppliers.
• Over 800,000 Euros of social contributions.
The Report is now available on the "Sustainable Development" page of the colacem.it website.